Home Remedies For Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids (also known
as piles)are varicose veins in or around the rectum. They are literally a pain in the anus. Two out of every three adults have had, currently have or will have a case of hemorrhoids. Chances are, if you're reading this, you are one of the two out of the three.
Symptoms of Hemorrhoids or Piles
The patient of hemorrhoids or piles may have one or all of the following hemorrhoid symptoms.
- Pain at passing stools.
- Irritation after passing a stool.
- Discomfort, itching, and pain in and around rectum.
- Bleeding at passing stool.
- Large piece of flesh out the rectum.
Along with treating your condition with natural, nonchemical remedies, there are ways to speed up the healing process...
- Keep the bowels as clear as possible. Drink lots of fruit juices and vegetable juices. Stay away from hard-to-digest, overly processed foods-especially those that contain white flour and sugar-as well as alcoholic beverages.
- Do not strain or hold your breath while having a bowel movement. Make an effort to breathe evenly.
- Take a brisk walk as often as you can, especially after meals.
Natural home remedies
Heed these suggestions and, hopefully, in a few days, you'll have this problem behind you.
- Take 100 mg of rutin three times a day. This has helped hemorrhoid sufferers when all else has failed.
- Apply liquid lecithin directly on the hemorrhoids, once a day, until they disappear.
- Eat a large boiled leek every day as an afternoon snack or with dinner.
- Eat three raw unprocessed almonds every day. Chew each one about 50 times.
- In a blender, finely chop ¼ cup cranberries. Place 1 tablespoon of the blended cranberries in a piece of cheesecloth and insert it in the rectum. An hour later, remove the cheesecloth and replace it with another tablespoon of cranberries in cheesecloth for another hour. This is a great pain reliever. By the end of two hours, you should feel much better.
- Take bioflavanoids and rutin as a preventative measure.
- Take 1 Tbsp of the coriander juice (green leaves) with 1 tsp of sugar added, 3 times daily.
- Apply Witch hazel with a sterile cotton pad, 3 times daily to shrink the swollen veins.
- Powder dried mango seeds. Take 2 grams twice daily for bleeding piles.
- Eat jambul fruit (jamun) with salt every morning for three months during its season for 4-5 seasons. This is a permanent cure for bleeding piles.
Faster Than a Speeding Bullet
- How are you at ice carving? Carefully carve or melt an ice cube down to the size and shape of a bullet. Use it as a suppository. The cold may give you a start, but it may also reduce the swelling and heal the hemorrhoids.
- Cut a peeled, raw potato in the shape of a suppository (like a bullet) and insert it in the rectum. This folk remedy has had dramatic positive results.
- Insert a peeled clove of garlic in the rectum right after a bowel movement. Keep it in as long as possible. Then, before bedtime, remove it and insert another peeled clove, as high as you can push it with your finger. In order to keep it in overnight, you might have to put on
a T-bandage. Garlic should help reduce the swelling quite quickly. Repeat the procedure daily until you're hemorrhoid-free.
- Add ¼ cup of witch hazel to a basin of warm water. Sit in it for at least 15 minutes at a time, at least two times a day. Complete cures have been reported within three days.
- Psychic healer Edgar Cayce recommended this exercise to a hemorrhoid sufferer...
- Stand with feet about six inches apart, hands at sides.
- Raise your hands up to the ceiling.
- Bend forward and bring your hands as close to the floor as you can.
- Go back to the first position.
Repeat the entire procedure 36 times. It should take just a few minutes to do. Perform this exercise every day, an hour after breakfast and an hour after dinner, until the hemorrhoids are history.
Tobacco That's Good for You
- Put the tobacco from two cigarettes in a warm pan, add 4 teaspoons of butter and let the mixture simmer for a couple of minutes. (This is a much better use for cigarettes than smoking them!) Next, pour the hot liquid through a strainer onto a sanitary napkin. When it's cool enough, apply it to the hemorrhoid area. Whip up a fresh batch and reapply three times a day.
- A consulting physician for the Denver Broncos and Denver Nuggets athletic teams has had success in speeding up the healing process of hemorrhoids with vitamin C baths.
Put 1 cup of ascorbic acid powder to every 5 quarts of cool bath water. Sit in the tub for 15 minutes at a time, two or three times a day.
NOTE: Ascorbic acid powder is expensive. If you can fit your tushy into a basin with ½ cup of the powder and 2½ quarts of cool water, you'll save a fortune.
- Take advantage of the healing properties of the enzymes in papaya by drenching a wad of sterilized cotton in pure papaya juice. Position it on the hemorrhoid area and secure it in place with a bandage. The juice should help stop the bleeding and bring the irritation under control.
To prevent hemorrhoids, it's best to increase the fiber and fluids in your diet.
- According to psychic healer Edgar Cayce, eating three raw almonds a day will help prevent hemorrhoids.
- Since hemorrhoids are a sitter's ailment, it may help to take a long walk every day at a fairly fast pace. A yoga class two or three times a week is also a good preventive measure.